WHY HIRE A DOULA?
A doula offers constant emotional and physical support during the process of labor and delivery, as well as postpartum. A doula helps ensure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions regarding your baby’s birth.
AS YOUR DOULA:
I will provide continuous emotional, physical and informational support during your pregnancy, labor and delivery. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for your comfort. I will use my training, knowledge, and experience to help you achieve the birth you have been planning and waiting for.
WHAT SWEET BIRTH DOULA SERVICES PROVIDES FOR YOU:
- Assistance with the completion of a written birth plan
- An initial meeting to discuss your birth wishes
- One or two prenatal visits to finalize your birth vision/plan
- 24-hour on-call availability two weeks before and after your EDD
- Assistance in managing unexpected circumstances with compassion and knowledge
- Labor support
- $900 total
- $450 retainer fee due at the time you decide to hire me (but after the initial meeting to determine if you’d like to add me to your birth team)
- $450 due by 38 weeks
- You can pay with Cash, Check or through Venmo (doularachel77).
DID YOU KNOW?
Women supported by a doula during labor have been shown to have*:
- 50% reduction in Cesarean rate.
- 25% shorter labor.
- 60% reduction in epidural requests.
- 40% reduction in Pitocin use.
- 30% reduction in analgesic use.
- 30% reduction in forceps delivery.
*Klaus, Kennell & Klaus, Mothering the Mother (New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1993)